Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fresh Thoughts

Last night, I was watching some evening news show and they were talking about the Miss USA debacle. Where Ms. California basically lost because she believes that marriage should be between a man and a woman. Ok, big whoop, its Ms. USA. But this made me think about the a bigger picture: Liberals, well to me there's nothing liberal about them. They're more of control freaks.
It seems that progressives, i guess that's a better term or statists(as mark levin calls them) have become control freaks. They scream and yell that people should be tolerant and yet they are the most intolerant amongst us. it makes no sense to me. they want us to be more open-minded, yeah? well, why the heck aren't you more open-minded about my view? I'll try to focus on just one issue with this post regarding these so-called liberals-gay marriage. ok, so i feel that marriage should be between a man and a woman, that doesn't mean i hate gays or lesbians. i actually love them. they're free to be gay or straight if they want. but because i don't agree with gay marriage i'm automatically a bigot. Well it's about time these folks look in the mirror. As we saw with the whole prop8 campaign in California, the only bigots are those that want us to be more open-minded. Rick Warren (who i'm not really a fan of) went and got donuts to give to the people that were protesting and throwing things at his members. Who's the bigot? Who's the hatemonger? I just can't wrap my arms around the idea around people of this mindset. Let's assume I'm interested in changing my mind about gay marriage, I'm not by the way, would these radical acts of cursing people out, name-calling and witchunting change my mind? I think NOT. I just don't see how these people can expect to change people's minds by attacking the same people. Take for example Meghan McCain, the twit (sorry for that namecalling but i can't help it), she wants to take over the republican party because we need to be pro gay marriage and get rid of all those evil conservatives. Well, by calling the people you're trying to woo over extremists and crazy and fringe, good luck with them giving you one earful. They wouldn't even if you tried nice because MM is just pretty much a joke.
My last point on this is, and I'm open to understand, people that classify themselves as gay want to be treated equally right? So why all the brouhaha about wanting this and that and special recognition? Why the push to be treated different if the objective is to be treated equally? It makes no sense to me.
I personally think marriage between one man and one woman is the best way to go because of my faith, science, and if you go past that stage, why not make polygamy legal? Why stop there, why not allow for people to get married to whatever thing they want to get married to?
That's just me. I'm pretty open minded

No comments: