Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Oh Lord

So apparently Liberty University has taken off a Miss California video off their website. That's not such a big deal to me, I can understand that. What I don't understand is this.

What's up with Christians so quick to condemn. Whoever wrote this blog post, I hope they're perfect and have never sinned. I guess they want to stand and be known as "the spiritual one". I guess. I believe Jesus told the woman that was caught in adultery to 'go and sin no more'. He didn't pounce on her and join her accusers in their bashing and almost stoning of her. I'm happy most of us on the right and most Christians that I've seen around are support her but comments like this are disheartning and not very Christ-like.

Also, just as fast as she was embraced and used by many of these groups,
she risks now being dropped due to the appearance of these shameful photos,
both
those from the past and those she defends in her “Christian”
modeling
. Welcome to the evangelical celebrity circuit where souls and
hearts don’t matter as much
as an effective PR blitz for the “cause.” People
are expendable.

It's a shame. I hope and pray we see more love and mercy from people on 'our side' than condemnation.

No comments: